Mentoring Programme Success Evaluator
Answer the questions below to find out if you are wasting money
1) Is the program championed by a top level manager who himself or herself is mentoring someone during the period of the programme?
2) Did mentees have an active part in choosing their mentors?
3) Is mentoring a key performance area (KPA) the selected mentor is measured against?
4) Does the mentoring champion communicate acknowledgement, appreciation, progress and encouragement to the other mentors in the organisation?
5) Does the organization allow mentors and mentees time and space and resources to carry out their roles and developmental activities?
6) Do mentees enter into the mentoring programme with clarity about specific areas of professional development they need to focus on?
7) Is there administrative assistance provided for the mentor and mentees to get their relationship up and running?
8) Is there initial facilitative assistance provided for the mentor and mentee to word clearly defined objectives?
9) Is there facilitated assistance provided for mentors and mentees to regularly review and record their progress against objectives set?
10) Do Mentors and Mentees work according to a contract /agreement document they fill out jointly?
11) Is there a periodic workshop held where mentors confer with each other and report back on their experience and progress?
12) Is there a central administrative body which charts the progress of the overall programme as well as the progress of each mentor and mentee pairing?
13) Are the mentors unreservedly committed to investing the time and effort required to mentoring the next generation leaders in the organisation?
14) Has the organisation contracted an experienced service provider who has the ability to implement the mentoring programme and ensure it stays on track and delivers its objectives?
15) Are the organisation’s media mechanisms actively involved to publicise key events and accomplishments that mentors and mentees achieve?
Any NO is a risk factor.
How many risk factors is your current programme exposed to?